Ground Dressing - Procedure
Wellington Oval in East Lindfield is the home ground allocated to the North Sydney Boys high School Soccer Club to be dressed for competition each weekend by the KDSA. We need to have nets and flags up for all scheduled KDSA games on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Club has a system to spread the workload on this duty and the rules and instructions are shown below. It’s pretty simple:
1. On Saturday the NSBHSFC team playing at 8.30am is responsible for dressing the field. If no NSBHSFC team is playing at
8.30am then a team will be rostered to do the field dressing. See Procedure, below. Please allow sufficient time to dress the field before the 8.30am kick-off.
2. If a NSBHSFC team is the last scheduled game on a Saturday, the team needs to put the flags in the shed but leave the goal nets up and lock the sheds and ambulance gate. If no NSBHSFC team is the last scheduled game then a team will be rostered to do the duty. See procedure, below.
3. If a NSBHSFC team is first on Sunday, this team needs to unlock the ambulance gate and sheds and retrieve the flags from the shed and plant them. If no NSBHSFC team is scheduled for the first game on Sunday a junior team will be rostered to do the duty.See Procedure, below.
4. If a team is the last team on Sunday, this team needs to undress the field. If no NSBHSFC team is the last team to play on Sunday then a junior team will be rostered to undress the field.See procedure, below.
1. Each Team manager has been given a key to unlock the ambulance gate and dressing shed. If the team manager is not able to attend for ground dressing they need to ensure the key is passed on to another parent for the duty.
2. Unlock the gate so an ambulance can readily access the ground if necessary
3. Unlock the shed
5. Find the goal nets, pegs, hammer, stepladder, and 6 corner and halfway flags in the shed
6. Fit the goal nets and flags to the field.
7. If your NSBHSFC team is the last team on a Saturday, or you are rostered on, lock the flags and stepladder in the shed, and lock the gate. Leave the nets up, unless otherwise instructed.
8. On Sunday mornings the gate and shed need to be unlocked and flags fitted.
9. Last game on Sunday, any NSBHSFC team playing, or rostered team, should undress the field, lock the gear in the shed, lock the shed and ambulance gate.